IU guard Jamie Braun shares a laugh with her teammates as forward Amber Jackson's name is announced during player introductions before a game against Northwestern on Saturday, Dec. 20 at Assembly Hall. (James Brosher/Indiana Daily Student)

The IU women's basketball team started a new winning streak today with a victory on the road against Penn State 84-77 Sunday. The game featured 13 ties and 14 lead changes. In the final 4 minutes or so the Hoosiers tightened up their D and went on a 13-4 run to close the game.

The key play happened with the Hoosier up 77-73 when after a Penn State timeout Jori Davis hit a layup with 1:38 remaining and then Kim Roberson stole the ensuing in bounds pass and put in another layup to essentially ice the game for the Hoosiers.

All five starter scored in double figures for the Hoosiers. Thomas-19, Braun-17, Jackson-14, Davis-13, Roberson-12.

The player that might have been the most important through, sophomore Andrea Mcguirt scored the remaining 9 points in the game. McGuirt, a 3.9 GPA student in the Kelley School of Business shot 3-of-3 from behind the arc in the first half to keep the game close when Penn State was threatening to open it up. The Hoosiers will be back in action on Thursday at Assembly Hall against Wisconsin.

To see post game quotes from both coaches click here

For recap of the game click here

So do you think the Hoosiers are for real now? After loosing a tough game at Minnesota the team rebounded and earned a hard fought victory tonight.

Leave your comments below by clicking on the comments link at the bottom of this post?