Welp, that's that. IU falls to Purdue in West Lafayette, 81-68.

That score doesn't quite tell the whole story; the game was much closer than that throughout, and late foul shots sunk the Hoosiers further into the late deficit.

IU won't have much time to sit on this one. The Hoosiers face Michigan in Ann Arbor Saturday. Check the IDS for more coverage tomorrow, albeit without our brilliant and notable bylines. Good night, and good NBA on TNT.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Two minutes left, and the IU loss is all but wrapped up. Unlike at Iowa, the Hoosiers were unable to keep this one within reaching distance until the end of the game. Too little from D.J. in the second half, and too little perimeter defense to halt Purdue's hot shooting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ With 7 minutes left, IU is down 63-54. Things are slipping a bit here. The Hoosiers will have to turn this around or face the hordes of angry "Boiler Up" chanters with no bragging rights to defend them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ It seems like every time the Hoosiers tie the game up, or get within a basket, Purdue somehow has the answer. Just as A.J. Ratliff hits a three and Armon Bassett makes a tough baseline two to bring the game even, Teague hits a long three. Wilmont just scored on a drive (goaltending), and IU is back tied.

Bassett just hit a breakaway three (one of those "NOOO ... Yes!" shots), and Landry made one at the line. 50-49 IU 12:30 remaining.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well, as interesting as those halftime commercials were (the Big Ten academic circuit never fails to excite) it's time to resume this little basketball game we've got going here. The Hoosiers will have to get better guard play if they want to leave snowy West Lafayette with a win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- IU's closes the half on a 13-6 run and it's Purdue up at the halftime, 34-32. D.J. White has played particularly inspired basketball. He scored 16 points and grabbed 5 rebounds in the game's first frame.

So, is IU going to pull this one out? Let us know in the comments, if you so desire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ IU has crawled back into it a bit here. As the Hoosiers started doing against Illinois, they've been driving in the lane with a bit more frequency tonight. They've also gotten a few key steals that have led to some points.

30-26 Purdue. 3:32 left in the half. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D.J. White and Purdue's Chris Kramer just got a bit too physical on a jump-ball tie up. White threw a bit of an elbow in Kramer's face towards the end of the scuffle. It was nothing major. They shook and made up after the incident.

Kramer bested White on the next play, though. He stole the ball from White near the IU basket and took it coast-to-coast and got fouled on a layup. He made 1-of-2 free throws.

Purdue leads 26-17 with 7:48 to go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Anyone else noticing how tight these rims sound on missed shots? 15-8 Purdue. The Boilermakers are looking rather sharp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again, friends. None of us are actually up in West Lafayette tonight due to inclement weather and a lack of media seating at Mackey Arena.

Fear not, we'll still be doing a bit of blogging tonight. I'll be taking the first half with an update or two here and there and Eamonn will be taking the second half.

Right now, it's tied up at 6-6. Purdue is playing with a lot of intensity.

See you in a bit.