arts community events iu auditorium

InMotion Dance Company to host annual spring showcase ‘Fusion’ inside IU Auditorium

entinmotiondance040124.jpeg

InMotion Dance Company will hold its annual spring showcase “Fusion” at 6:30 p.m., April 6, in the IU Auditorium. The theme for the 2024 performance is. 

What once started as a senior graduate project, InMotion Dance Company, has continued as a student-led organization that has called Indiana University home for over 20 years. With over 100 student members, the dance company incorporates various styles of dance including jazz, contemporary, hip hop, lyrical and tap.  

According to InMotion Dance Company’s BeInvolved page, the organization exists to encourage dancers to express themselves through the art of dance and share joy and inspiration with the community. Throughout the academic year, InMotion offers member-led classes with teams dedicated to teaching various routines. InMotion invites dancers of all levels to audition to be members of the dance company.  

All InMotion dances are choreographed by its student members and preparation for the annual spring showcase is a year-round process. Auditions for “Fusion” showcase numbers begin mid-fall semester and rehearsals start in spring.  

This is the first year for InMotion Dance Company to host its annual spring showcase in the IU Auditorium and “Fusion” is free for all to attend. InMotion will not be taking donations on the evening of the show, but guests can contact the organization prior to the showcase if interested in sharing financial support. Food and beverages from Upland Brewing Company will be available for purchase.