sports men's soccer

Indiana men’s soccer welcomes transfers Holden Brown, Luke Jeffus

spiumstransfers041024.jpeg

Indiana men’s soccer added two graduate transfers Wednesday, according to an Indiana Athletics release. Goalkeeper Holden Brown and midfielder Luke Jeffus join Indiana’s 2024 transfer class of sophomore defender Quinton Elliot and graduate student forward Justin Weiss. 

Brown comes to Indiana after four years at the University of Virginia. The Zionsville, Indiana, native started 44 matches for the Cavaliers, racking up 13 clean sheets alongside a .748 save percentage. His 163 career saves are tied for No. 6 in Virginia history. 

As a junior in 2022, Brown finished with third-team All-ACC and All-ACC Tournament Team honors, accumulating eight clean sheets with a 1.03 goals against average. He has two seasons of eligibility remaining. 

“Holden is a wonderful addition to our program,” Indiana head coach Todd Yeagley said in the release. “He is a proven starter with great size and athletic tools.” 

Jeffus arrives in Bloomington after four years at the University of Tulsa. The Sand Springs, Oklahoma, native tallied 55 starts in 62 total matches, scoring three goals and providing five assists in his career. 

Prior to the start of Jeffus’ career in 2020, Tulsa had failed to reach the NCAA Tournament since 2016. In his four seasons as a Golden Hurricane, the team reached the tournament twice, headlined by a 16-2-1 record and a third-round appearance in 2021. 

“He has played an important role at Tulsa and brings a lot of experience to our program,” Yeagley said. “His versatility, IQ and technical ability are all important qualities he adds to our midfield.” 

Both players will move to Bloomington and join the team in August, according to the release.