sports men's soccer

Indiana men’s soccer adds Louisville transfer Quinton Elliot

spiuelliot013124.JPG

Indiana men’s soccer added transfer sophomore defender Quinton Elliot on Tuesday, according to an Indiana Athletics release. Elliot spent the first two seasons of his career at the University of Louisville. 

Elliot started 38 of the 39 matches he played with the Cardinals, accumulating two goals, eight assists and 12 clean sheets in two seasons. Louisville reached the NCAA Tournament both years he was a member of the team. 

“Quinton is a dynamic wing back who will have an immediate impact,” Indiana head coach Todd Yeagley said in the release. “He is an excellent defender who is also effective in the front half with technical and athletic tools.” 

The Charleston, West Virginia, native will fill the role of fifth-year senior fullback Brett Bebej, who played his final year of eligibility this past fall. Bebej played 94 games across five years for the Hoosiers and totaled six goals and five assists. 

Elliot is listed on the active roster and is training with the team this spring, according to the release. 

Indiana’s season opener for the spring season is at 1 p.m. Feb. 24 against the University of Evansville at Bill Armstrong Stadium. The game is the first of five to be played this spring.