city bloomington

Indiana Members Credit Union recognized in Indiana Chamber of Commerce initiative

caimcu04152024.jpeg

The Indiana Members Credit Union was named one of the 2024 Best Places to Work in Indiana through the Indiana Chamber of Commerce initiative with Workforce Research Group, as announced by the IMCU in a press release March 28.  

The Indiana Members Credit Union will find out its exact ranking May 8 at the 19th Annual Best Places to Work in Indiana Awards Dinner, taking place at the Indiana Convention Center. 

The IMCU was established in 1956 by staff of the Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis as the Indiana University Medical Center Federal Credit Union. It is the largest credit union in central Indiana, according to its website, with 31 full-service branches, including one in Bloomington and one near Ellettsville.  

John Newett, President and CEO of IMCU, said that the credit union was honored by the recognition. 

“It has always been an important part of our culture here at IMCU to create a positive and friendly work environment, and it is one of our key strategic initiatives to remain an employer of choice,” Newett said. “We will continue to strive for excellence for our team, ultimately to provide our members with the best possible service.” 

Workforce Research Group partners with various industries, cities and state chambers to create its respective “Best Places to Work” lists. This year marks the 19th edition of the Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s initiative. Both employers and employees of participating businesses completed a two-part survey. The results are then evaluated based on workplace policies, philosophies, systems, demographics, employee experience and feedback to determine rankings within size-based categories. 

The small category recognizes business with between 15 and 74 U.S. employees, between 75 and 249 in the medium category, 250 and 999 in the large category and companies with over 1,000 employees in the major category. In 2023, netlogx, TrueScripts, Centric Consulting and Edward Jones were ranked first in their respective categories as a part of the Best Places to Work in Indiana Initiative.