Indiana men’s basketball makes updated list for 5-star 2025 recruit Jalen Haralson

haralson.jpg

Indiana men’s basketball made the top nine schools for La Lumiere High School small forward Jalen Haralson, a 5-star recruit in the 2025 class. 

The 6-foot-6, 210-pound Haralson, who started his high school career in Fishers, Indiana, is rated No. 12 overall in his class by ESPN and No. 10 by 247sports. He’s ranked as the top player in the state by both outlets. 

Big Ten foes Purdue and Michigan State, national powers University of Kansas and Duke University and in-state rival University of Notre Dame are among the other schools Haralson is considering. 

Haralson has visited Bloomington several times the past few seasons, including a trip for Indiana’s 75-71 loss to Kansas on Dec. 16, 2023. Peegs.com reporter Jeff Rabjohns reported that Indiana assistant coach Yasir Rosemond watched Haralson play in person Feb. 17. 

Haralson, speaking with ESPN’s Paul Biancardi, set an initial outline for his commitment and senior season. 

“I plan on finishing the recruiting process by the end of the summer,” Haralson said. “Then I can concentrate on my senior season, win a Chipotle National championship and help build a team at my future school.” 

The Hoosiers’ 2024 recruiting class is empty following the decommitment of 5-star Liam McNeeley, which came March 7, but Indiana head coach Mike Woodson and staff have been connected to several recruits in the class of 2025. 

On March 10, Indiana hosted a pair of top in-state recruits in Heritage Hills High School forward Trent Sisley and Greenfield-Central High School guard Braylon Mullins. Both players are rated amongst the top 100 overall in the 2025 class by 247sports. 

Since Woodson was hired in 2021, guard CJ Gunn is the lone high school recruit from the Hoosier state to join Indiana’s men’s basketball program. Gunn announced March 19 he’s entering the transfer portal, leaving the Hoosiers with only two Indiana natives — guards Trey Galloway and Anthony Leal — on scholarship. 

Follow reporters Will Foley (@foles24) and Matt Press (@MattPress23) and columnist Daniel Flick (@ByDanielFlick) for updates throughout the Indiana men’s basketball offseason.