arts iu auditorium performances music

Memphis-born rap artist NLE Choppa to perform Feb. 15 in the IU Auditorium

nlechoppa.jpeg

Rap artist NLE Choppa is set to perform at 8 p.m. Feb. 15, in the IU Auditorium. Known for singles including “Shotta Flow” and “Camelot,” the 21-year-old artist garnered over 21.3 million monthly listeners on Spotify since launching his rap career in 2018.  

The show, presented by Platinum Entertainment Group, will feature guests Luh Tyler and TisaKorean. 

The Memphis, TN native, born as Bryson Potts, officially began his rap career at 15 years old. Pott’s first stage name was “YNR Choppa” under which he released his first single, “No Love Anthem” and a debut mixtape.  

His current moniker, NLE, stands for “No Love Entertainment,” which is also the name of a brand started by the artist, with the help of other rappers, in Memphis, TN, and later a label imprint he launched as part of a partnership with Warner Music Group in 2019. The other half of the moniker, “Choppa,” references his childhood nickname.  

The rapper’s single, “Shotta Flow,” released in 2019, secured him a spot on the Billboard Hot 100 that year and was considered his first hit. It was given certified platinum status by the Recording Industry Association of America in 2020. The music video has amassed over 215 million views on YouTube.  

NLE Choppa has worked with artists such as Roddy Ricch, Lil Wayne and Polo G. His most recent collaboration, one with musician DJ Booker titled “The Chosen Ones,” was released Jan. 5 and features seven songs, including “Off the Muscle,” “Big Homie” and “From the Heart.”  

Tickets start at $43.50 and can be purchased on the IU Auditorium website.