arts theater

Constellation Stage and Screen to present ‘Holmes & Watson’ Sept. 7

entwatsonholprev090723

Constellation Stage and Screen will premiere its production of “Holmes & Watson” at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 7 at the Waldron Arts Center in Bloomington.  

The play follows Dr. Watson as he investigates three inmates, all claiming to be Sherlock Holmes, three years after his death. Meant to keep the audience guessing until the very end, the play begs the question: “who are these imposters?”  

Written by Jeffrey Hatcher, “Holmes and Watson” pays homage to the stories of Conan Doyle, the original creator of Sherlock Holmes. The play makes many references to some of his earliest stories, while still managing to deceive the audience. With a runtime of 80 minutes, the show has no intermission. 

[RELATED: A Fair of the Arts to celebrate local artists Saturday]

This “edge-of-your-seat mystery” is part of Constellation’s 2023-2024 Mainstage season. The lineup includes plays and musicals like “Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical” and “The Play That Goes Wrong”.  

According to Constellation’s website, the Bloomington-based arts group formed in 2022 when the Bloomington Playwright’s Project, Cardinal Stage and Pigasus Institute merged to form one theater that stages plays, puts on musicals and produces film projects.  

Constellation’s production of “Holmes and Watson” will run through Sept. 24. Tickets are available on Constellation’s website, with prices starting at $38 for adults and $23 for students.