Former Indiana men’s basketball’s Trayce Jackson-Davis agrees to deal with Warriors

spiubbbrief070623.jpg

Former Indiana men’s basketball star forward Trayce Jackson-Davis inked a four-year contract with the Golden State Warriors Wednesday night, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported. The deal includes two guaranteed seasons and a team option in 2026-27.

Jackson-Davis was selected No. 57 overall by the Wizards, who traded the pick to the Warriors, in the 2023 NBA Draft on June 22. Golden State kicked off its Summer League slate Monday night against the Sacramento Kings, though Jackson-Davis missed the contest with a hamstring issue.

The 2019 Indiana Mr. Basketball was also sidelined for Wednesday night’s game against the Hornets, but his injury isn’t expected to be severe. A senior with the Hoosiers last season, Jackson-Davis capped off his collegiate career with numerous accolades and school records.

Jackson-Davis posted 20.9, 10.8 rebounds, four assists and nearly three blocks per game in his 2022-23 campaign. He picked up a First-Team All-American selection, as well as All-Big Ten First Team, All-Big Ten Defensive Team and Big Ten All-Tournament Team selections.

By the conclusion of his time in Bloomington, Jackson-Davis' total points ranked third in the school’s history with 2,258 and the program leader in blocks and rebounds with 270 and 1,143, respectively.