Indiana football picks up 2024 commitments from three-stars Austin Leibfried, Kameron Courtney

spiufbbrief071523.jpg

Indiana football bolstered its 2024 recruiting class Friday and Saturday with commitments from three-star offensive tackle Austin Leibfried and three-star athlete Kameron Courtney.

Leibfried, from Mount Horeb, Wisconsin, ranks as the No. 11 overall player in the state, according to 247Sports. He announced his commitment via his social media Friday afternoon, choosing the Hoosiers over the likes of Syracuse University, Coastal Carolina University, Western Michigan University and others.

The 6-foot-6-inch, 265-pound Leibfried is tabbed as the No. 84 ranked offensive tackle in the country in the 2024 class. A dual-sport athlete at Mount Horeb High School playing football and basketball, Leibfried’s upcoming senior season will mark his third as the starter at the left tackle spot.

Leibfried’s commitment added the fourth three-star offensive lineman to Indiana’s 2024 class, joining fellow Wisconsin native Mitch Verstegen, as well as Adedamola Ajani from Indianapolis and Danville’s Evan Lawrence.

Saturday afternoon, the Hoosiers landed another commitment from three-star athlete Kameron Courtney. Courtney hails from Woodbridge, Virginia and chose Indiana over Power 5 schools such as University of Virginia, University of North Carolina, Virginia Tech University and others.

As a junior at Freedom High School last season, Courtney operated primarily as a wide receiver and safety. He racked up 874 yards with 11 touchdowns through the air and added a pair of kick return scores as well. On the defensive side, he notched five interceptions — including one pick-six — and forced three fumbles.

247Sports lists Courtney as the No. 22 overall player in Virginia and the No. 99 athlete in the nation. His commitment represented Indiana’s 17th for the 2024 class. The Hoosiers are currently graded as the No. 56 recruiting class in the nation, according to the same recruiting outlet.