Four Indiana women’s golfers named to WGCA All-American Scholar Team

spiuwgbrief070723.jpg

Four members of the Indiana women's golf team — sophomore Beatriz Junqueira, junior Morgan Dabagia, senior Valerie Clancy and graduate Alexis Florio — were selected to the 2022-23 Women's Golf Coaches Association All-American Scholar Team, the WGCA announced Thursday, as 1,401 women's golfers from 378 programs received the honors.   

To be selected, according to the WGCA release, each student-athlete must post an overall cumulative grade point average minimum of 3.50, be an amateur and on the team's roster through the end of the season, and have played in 50% of the college's competitive rounds.  

Florio, the graduate transfer from Columbia University, was Indiana's Big Ten Sportsmanship Honoree this past season. Florio broke the program records in single-round score with 64 strokes and a three-round tournament score of 205 strokes at the Evie Odom Invitational.   

Junqueira, the 2019 Brazilian Junior National Champion, posted a season-low 71 score at the Clover Cup in her second season at Indiana in 2022-2023. Dabagia, the lone golfer on the team from the state of Indiana this past season, shot a season-low 74 at the Ally 2022.   

Clancy, one of four international golfers on Indiana's 2022-23 roster, played in all 30 rounds this past season. Clancy shot five of those rounds at or below par, posted a season-low 68 at the Odom Invitational alongside Florio and twice placed in the top-20 in tournaments.