arts community events music

Little 500 preparation: local performances this week

entshowguide011823-illo

Welcome back! Here is all the information you need for Bloomington’s music scene from April 19-23: 

18+ activities 

The Reef takes over with their pre-weekend mini festival from 6-10:30 p.m. spanning Wednesday through Friday. 17 bands will grace the backyard, featuring performances from Thin Lines, Purple Hearse, Tree To Stone, Too Many Cooks, Westhead and more. Three-day passes will be sold for $15, with single day tickets going for $8. 

Get ready for a pop-punk night featuring Austin Lucas, Adam Faucett and Odd Duck at 7 p.m. on Thursday at the Ifell Gallery. Tickets will be sold at the door for $5-10 — whatever attendees can pay. 

The Rathouse returns with an Earth Day show featuring Purple Hearse, Fox Body, Mycota, Yeti Gamble and Jfled at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday. Admission is $5. 

Hard rock bands Perfect 10, Hammock Season and Tickets To Nowhere will hit the stage at 8 p.m. on Saturday at 2051 Fountain Dr. Only 50 tickets are available, with each going for $7. RSVP to Tickets To Nowhere on Instagram to secure your seat. 

Related: [Consider it burned: the day of Burning Couch Festival

21+ activities 

Country artist Hank Ruff returns to the stage at 10 p.m. on Wednesday at The Bluebird. Tickets are $10. 

Are you a Grateful Dead head? Make sure to be there for the Dead Country 4/20 Party at 7 p.m. on Thursday at The Orbit Room. Tickets are $16. 

Rod Tuffcurls & The Benchpress take over for a wild double header at 9 p.m. both Thursday and Friday at The Bluebird. Tickets for both shows are just $12. 

Chris Kupersmith & The Old Flames and Griffy will perform live at 8 p.m. on Friday at The Orbit Room. Tickets are just $11. 

Catch Swan Wash, Flesh Tape and myoldendaysgardenpath at 8 p.m. on Saturday at Blockhouse Bar. Cover will be only $5. 

Jukebox Luke takes the stage at 9 p.m. on Saturday at The Bluebird. Tickets for this sure to be stellar live performance are just $10. 

Sounds From The Black Hole presents another installment in their experimental music series featuring performances from Odd Person, Signal Decay and Mere Man at 7 p.m. on Saturday at The Orbit Room. Tickets are just $8.