bloomington

IU student to participate in ‘Jeopardy!’ High School Reunion Tournament

cajeopardy021323-png

IU senior Audrey Satchivi will compete on “Jeopardy!”  for the second time in the high school reunion edition of the show on Feb. 23 for a grand prize of $100,000, according to a press release from “Jeopardy!”.  

Satchivi will compete alongside Lucas Minor, junior at Yale University and Anish Maddipoti, junior at the University of Texas Austin, according to the release. All 27 participants from the 2018 and 2019 “Jeopardy!” teen tournaments are back as undergraduate and graduate students. 

Starting on Feb. 20, three college students will compete each day in the quarterfinals. The last day of quarterfinals will be March 2 before the semifinals and finals are held with the remaining contestants. Nine quarterfinals, three semifinals and a two-day final will take place over two weeks. 

Satchivi said she came to love trivia through her quiz bowl high school team. Her mom encouraged her to take the qualifying test for “Jeopardy!” after seeing how many questions Audrey answered correctly while watching the show from home. She won her first “Jeopardy!” tournament at the end of her senior year of high school. 

“We all just wanted each other to do their best,” Satchivi said. “It was nice to meet other people that really love trivia.” 

She said being on the show has allowed her to meet new friends and make connections. She was also able to learn a lot of random, fun tidbits of knowledge.