arts music

Local music scene: Dec. 1-7

entmusiclisticle110222-illo

While house shows may be few and far between, Bloomington will celebrate the start of December with musical performances at venues in town.  

Dec. 1 

Local band Damion the Band and Louisville, Kentucky band Quiet Hollers will perform at 8 p.m. at The Orbit Room. Tickets cost $11, and table reservations are available for $15. 

Psych-folk artist Connor McLaren will perform at 9 p.m. at The Bluebird. Tickets for the 21+ show are available for $5.  

Related: [Scout Gillett, Kay Krull perform heartfelt folk-rock sets at The Orbit Room

Dec. 2 

Local funk pop band Six Foot Blonde will perform at The Bluebird. Tickets for the 21+ show are available for $10. Doors will open at 8 p.m., and the show will begin at 9 p.m. 

DJ Jonny Yuma will perform a free show at 6 p.m. at The Orbit Room. 

DJ Little Town will play music at The Root Cellar. Doors will open at 8 p.m. for the free 21+ show. 

Dec. 3 

Local rock bands SYZYGY, Too Many Cooks and The Matriarch will perform at 11 p.m. at The Bishop Bar. Entry will cost $6 for the 21+ show. Proof of COVID-19 vaccinations is required.  

The Orbit Room will host an all-ages show featuring Susan + The Right People at 6 p.m. Tickets are available for $11, and admission for kids under age 12 is free. Table reservations are available for $20. The venue is all ages until 8 p.m., when Gentlemen Caller, Lawrence, Kansas band Roseline and Bloomington, IN based group TV Mike + The Dip Club will perform. Tickets are available for $11 and table reservations are available for $20. 

Local country singer Hank Ruff will perform at The Bluebird. Tickets for the 21+ show are available for $10. Doors will open at 8 p.m. and the show will start at 9 p.m. 

The Root Cellar will host a ‘70s night with DJ Bongo. Doors will open at 8 p.m. for the free 21+ show.  

Related: [Jacobs School of Music Ballet Theater to present ‘The Nutcracker’ Dec. 1-4

Dec. 7  

Eddy Gonzo and the Gardeners will perform at The Bluebird. Doors will open at 9 p.m., and the show will begin at 10 p.m. Tickets to the 21+ show are available for $5. 

The Root Cellar will host karaoke night with Darran Mosley. Doors will open at 8 p.m. for the free 21+ show.