Lime doubles down on e-scooter safety in Bloomington

Lime hosts a First Ride Academy safety training course in Bloomington.

Lime’s goal is to give people a safe, fun, and sustainable way to get where they need to go. Safety is the most important word in that sentence because it underpins everything they do. Safety comes first and always at Lime because as the global leader in shared electric vehicles, they understand that safety is the foundation of every successful shared e-scooter or e-bike program.

With this in mind, every participating city program is launched with a tailored bespoke safety plan designed to fit each community’s needs. Here in Bloomington that included lots of outreach to our riders about the rules of the road and tips for riding safely.

They also work with communities and cities to advocate for transportation infrastructure improvements like protected bike lanes, even sharing data to show areas with high ridership that would benefit from such safety measures.

Last week, Lime doubled down on its commitment to safety in Bloomington. They hosted a safety week consisting of in-person First Ride Academy training courses that emphasized rider education. They also ran paid advertising in print and social media, as well as communications to its riders via email and in-app messages.

First Ride Academy events are a signature part of Lime’s industry leading approach to safety worldwide, which gives riders a chance to learn how to get the most out of Lime vehicles in a controlled environment with Lime staff on hand.

In Bloomington, they partnered with the Indiana University Police Department to ensure all participants would have the opportunity to learn the rules of the road from those who know them best.

Lime plans to continue working with the city officials, the police and other community partners to improve e-scooter safety in Bloomington.

Ridership has shown that students and residents are enjoying the safe, fun, and sustainable options these vehicles provide and they look forward to keeping the program rolling forward.

Lime-action.jpg
Lime’s commitment to safety is the foundation of its micro mobility programs all over the world.