business & economy

Kelley School of Business to share its annual Business Outlook forecasts beginning Nov. 10

caeconomy110622.jpg

Starting in Bloomington, the Kelley School of Business will announce its national economic forecasts for 2023 across the state, according to an IU News article

The forecast predicts future economic trends, financial market performances and how those factors will impact businesses and public policy. This will be the 50th year that Kelley shares the annual Business Outlook forecast. The data is based on research from Kelley’s Indiana Business Research Center and econometric models from the Center for Econometric Model Research, according to the article.  

The Indiana Business Research Center researches and provides data on economic indicators, income levels and other topics on a local, state and national scale.  

Related: [Research shows that seasonal items are here to stay for some time]

The first presentation, in Bloomington, will be held on Nov. 10 in Shreve Hall at Ivy Tech Community College Bloomington on 200 Daniels Way, the article said. The presentation starts at 12 p.m. but lunch will begin at 11:30 a.m. Individuals can register for the event here. The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce, a co-sponsor along with The Bloomington Rotary Club, said in its event post that the panelists are a group of IU faculty from the Kelley School of Business.  

“In these uncertain times, the Kelley School wants to help Hoosier businesses understand the economy and make smart decisions for the coming year,” Phil T. Powell, the event moderator and the associate dean of Kelley academic programs at Indianapolis, said in the IU News article. “Many people are anxious to know what lies ahead. 

He said in the article that in the past the forecasts have been useful in planning and helping communities stay competitive on a large scale.  

Powell is also the academic director of the Indiana Business Research Center and clinical associate professor of business economics and public policy, the article said. On the panel, Carol Rogers, the director of the Indiana Business Research Center, Kyle Anderson, an assistant professor of business economics and faculty chair of the Evening MBA program and Andrew Butters, an assistant professor of business economics and public policy, will also speak.  

Related: [IU launches search for Kelley School of Business dean]

Kelley faculty will also show the forecasts in eight other cities in Indiana. This year, however, the section will not travel to Indianapolis for the tour. At these events, they will speak with other campus experts and discuss economics on a local to global scale. The article said the tour is sponsored by the Kelley School of Business, its Indiana Business Research Center, the IU Alumni Association and IU campuses, among others.  

Below is a list of other Indiana cities where the Outlook is being shared.  

• New Albany 

• Columbus 

• Kokomo 

• Anderson 

• Richmond 

• Jasper 

• South Bend 

• Schererville