IU launches search for Kelley School of Business dean 

cakelleydean101922.jpg

The search for the IU Kelley School of Business’ next dean officially launched Oct. 6, according to an email from Kelley Dean Search Chair Anastasia Morrone on Tuesday.  

Previous dean Idalene Kesner stepped down from the role July 31 and Ash Soni, executive associate dean for academic programs at the Kelley School of Business, assumed the role of interim dean Aug. 1. 

IU Provost Rahul Shrivastav appointed a search committee in September. According to the email, IU also hired search firm Isaacson Miller to assist with recruiting candidates. 

Isaacson Miller Partners Gale Merseth and Vijay Saraswat, as well as Managing Associate Micah Pierce, will begin hosting listening sessions later this month. During these sessions, stakeholders such as faculty, staff, students and alumni will express their expectations for the next dean, as well as issues facing the Kelley School.  

These sessions will provide the foundation for the position profile, according to the email. The position profile, a comprehensive job description outlining detailed requirements and encouraging candidates to apply, will be finalized by mid-November. The position profile will be posted on the Office of the Provost website, Isaacson Miller website and advertised in a plethora of publications.  

The names of all applicants and the contents of Search Committee meetings will remain confidential, according to the email. The finalists, as well as the dates and times of their interviews, will be announced to the Kelley School community after the Search Committee conducts preliminary interviews early in the spring semester. According to the email, faculty, staff and students will be able to meet with finalists and provide input to the Search Committee.