Indiana Chamber of Commerce presents 2023 legislative goals

<p>The Indiana State House is seen in downtown Indianapolis. The Indiana Chamber of Commerce released its goals for the 2023 Indiana legislative session Nov. 22.</p>

The Indiana State House is seen in downtown Indianapolis. The Indiana Chamber of Commerce released its goals for the 2023 Indiana legislative session Nov. 22.

The Indiana Chamber of Commerce released its goals for the 2023 Indiana legislative session Nov. 22. The 2023 legislative session will begin Jan. 9, 2023.  

Founded in 1922, the Indiana Chamber of Commerce supports policies that benefit Indiana businesses, according to its website. 

The economic priorities include supporting entrepreneurship and a workforce retention fund, according to a release from the Chamber of Commerce. The chamber plans to oppose legislation that increases the tax burden on non-residential properties. Other goals include supporting a workaround of the federal cap on state and local tax deductions.  

The chamber's education goals include supporting access to early childcare and increasing college and career readiness. 

The chamber will prioritize supporting an energy portfolio that includes nuclear energy, renewable energy, natural gas, North American petroleum and clean coal, according to the release. Clean coal, petroleum and natural gas are all carbon dioxide emitting sources of energy.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.