politics

Granger, McKinney, Sensenstein elected to Bloomington Township Board, Feferman elected Trustee

catownshipboardtrustee.jpg

Voters elected three Democrats, Dorothy Granger, Barbara McKinney and Elizabeth Sensenstein to the Bloomington Township Board and elected Democrat Efrat Feferman as Township Trustee. 

As Township Board members, Granger, McKinney and Sensenstein will advise the Trustee. They’ll also approve the township budget, tax rate, Trustee report, appropriations and borrowing of money, according to neighboring Benton Township Trustee’s website. 

Bloomington Township Trustee 

Democrat Efrat Feferman has been elected Bloomington Township Trustee. Feferman ran unopposed. 

Feferman, the executive director of United Way of Monroe County, has lived in Monroe county for 22 years. She received her undergraduate degree from IU and her master’s degree in public administration from the University of Arizona before returning to Monroe County, where she worked for City of Bloomington Utilities before starting at United Way. 

In a statement to the IDS, Feferman said her career has been centered around local government, nonprofits and giving back to the community. As Township trustee, she said she’ll continue working on the "community safety net." 

Bloomington Township Board Members 

Democrat Dorothy Granger, an incumbent Bloomington Township Board Member, has been reelected to the same position. She ran unopposed. 

Granger is a former Bloomington city council president and representative for City Council District 2. She currently works as the development director for Beacon, Inc., according to her LinkedIn. According to the city of Bloomington’s website, Granger is active in encouraging citizen participation and social justice for all. 

Democrat Barbara McKinney has been elected to the Bloomington Township Board after running unopposed. 

McKinney is the director of the City of Bloomington Human Rights Commission. She was recognized in 2018 with the Indiana Municipal ADA/Title VI Coordinator of the Year for her work as Bloomington’s ADA coordinator, according to Bloom Magazine. McKinney has previously run for Bloomington Township Board in 2018 but was unsuccessful. 

Democrat Elizabeth “E” Sensenstein has been elected to the Bloomington Township Board. Sensenstein ran unopposed. 

Currently, Sensenstein is Monroe County’s Chief Deputy Treasurer, and has served in that position since 2017, according to LinkedIn. Sensenstein has also served as Monroe County Assessor.