sports men's soccer

MLS to provide educational opportunities through Kelley School of Business partnership

spiumsbrief100422.jpg

Indiana University announced a partnership between the Major League Soccer Players Association and the Kelley School of Business on Sept. 20, according to an IU press release. The plan is geared towards providing current and former MLS players with opportunities for after their playing careers.  

The Kelley School of Business maintains an ongoing partnership with the NFL, in which 50 players are currently enrolled in the graduate education program. The MLS Players Association plans to follow a similar model and allow players to pursue an MBA degree, master’s degree and certificates.  

“Partnering with the Kelley School of Business will open a new world of opportunities for our members, both past and present, to take part in a high-caliber program that fits their unique needs and sets them up for continued success off the pitch,” Dan Jones, chief operating director for the MLS Players Association, said in the release.  

Current business professors will virtually teach the courses in the new Brian D. Jellison Studios in Bloomington, which simulates a real classroom environment.  

Outside of traditional business courses, the program will also establish the “Kelley Capstone Experience,” which will grant players the opportunity to learn in real world settings and work on strategic projects, according to the release.