letters

LETTER FROM THE EDITOR: The IDS, WIUX and IUSTV are collaborating for the midterm elections

convergence-election.jpg

IU Student Television, WIUX and the Indiana Daily Student are excited to announce a multi-media partnership to collaborate and share coverage responsibilities for this November’s midterm elections. 

Each publication is dedicated to bringing our audience the best local, state and federal political news pertinent to the local community. That’s why we are all working together to put more hands -on deck. 

People consume news in different ways: they read news stories, listen to the radio or watch broadcast news. We want to give our community all three — to allow them to digest in-depth, quality election coverage in whatever medium they prefer. 

Readers should expect to see IDS reporters on IUSTV broadcasts and WUIX radio shows. You will also see more broadcast and radio news on our website as well. 

The IDS will soon launch a landing page for all election coverage from each of the three outlets. This page will be hosted on each publication’s website.  

In the meantime, tell us what you care about and what topics you want to see us cover! Fill out this short survey to pitch in. 

A multi-page voting guide will also be printed in the Nov. 3 edition of the IDS. There, readers will find all our coverage from the past few months in one place, including candidate profiles for every race and deep dives into debated issues. Make sure to grab a copy before heading to the polls! 

On Election Day, all three publications will be reporting live. Student journalists will be reporting at the polls, manning the phones and debating the big topics. Whatever election content you are looking for, IUSTV, WIUX and the IDS will have it on your preferred platform. 

More is in the works, but each publication is dedicated to bringing our community the best election coverage in Monroe County. 

If you are curious about what the IDS has reported so far, check out our most recent stories: