Indiana football kicker Charles Campbell takes home pair of special teams honors

<p>Then-redshirt sophomore kicker Charles Campbell prepares to kick the ball Nov. 14, 2020, at Spartan Stadium in East Lansing, Michigan. Campbell earned Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week and the Lou Groza Award Star of the Week honors this week. </p>

Then-redshirt sophomore kicker Charles Campbell prepares to kick the ball Nov. 14, 2020, at Spartan Stadium in East Lansing, Michigan. Campbell earned Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week and the Lou Groza Award Star of the Week honors this week.

Indiana football redshirt junior and kicker Charles Campbell took home Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week and the Lou Groza Award Star of the Week honors this week, according to a Big Ten Football Twitter post and an Indiana Football Twitter post.

The awards come after Campbell hit all four of his field goal attempts, including a 51-yard game-winning field goal in Indiana’s 33-30 overtime win against Western Kentucky University this weekend. The kicker collected his second Star of the Week award of the season, with the first coming in week one against Illinois.

[Related: Indiana meets its match on offense, hangs on by a thread to escape in overtime thriller]

Campbell also went 4-for-4 on field goals in Indiana’s 33-31 win against Western Kentucky last season. After that game, he was also named the Lou Groza Award Star of the Week.

Campbell is now 7-for-8 on field goals three games into the season, including 3-for-3 on field goals attempted over 40 yards.

Campbell has four career field goals from over 50 yards, which ranks No. 2 in Indiana Football history. Campbell also has 32 career field goals made and 148 career points, according to an Indiana press release.

Follow reporters Garrett Newman (@GarrettNewman20) and Jacob Spudich (@spudichjacob) and columnist Will Foley (@foles24) for updates throughout the game and the rest of the Indiana football season. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.