arts iu auditorium performances theater

IU Auditorium 2022-23 lineup includes ‘Annie,’ ‘Jagged Little Pill,” Conan Gray and more

entiuauditorium071222.jpg

From performances from Conan Gray and Straight No Chaser to “Chicago” and “The Book of Mormon,” IU Auditorium has a full lineup of theater, music and fun for the 2022-2023 season. All tickets are available on the IU Auditorium website.  

Bill Burr (Slight Return) at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall

Live Nation will present Bill Burr (Slight Return) live at 8 p.m. Sept. 30 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Burr is a Grammy nominated comedian and his animated Netflix series “F Is For Family” stars himself, Laura Dern, Justin Long and Sam Rockwell. Student tickets will cost $35.50 and general tickets will start at $55. 

Conan Gray Superache Tour

Conan Gray will make a stop in Bloomington as part of his “Superache” tour at 8 p.m. on Oct. 1. This tour follows the release of Gray’s sophomore album “Superache,” which was released on June 24. Tickets prices will start at $29.50. 

Ron White

Comedian Ron White will perform a new stand-up show at 8 p.m. on Oct. 15. All four of White’s comedy albums charted #1 on the Billboard Comedy Charts and he has sold over 14 million albums (solo and with the Blue Collar Comedy Tour), according to the IU Auditorium website. Ticket prices start at $41.50. 

Soweto Gospel Choir

The Soweto Gospel Choir will perform a concert at 7 p.m. on Oct. 18. Their concert, “HOPE: It’s Been a Long Time Coming,” commemorates South Africa’s freedom movement and the civil rights movement in the United States, according to the IU Auditorium website. Student tickets start at $14 and general tickets start at $21. 

My Fair Lady

“My Fair Lady will return to Bloomington for the first time in 20 years on at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 25-26. The musical features classic songs such as “I Could Have Danced All Night,” “The Rain in Spain,” “Wouldn’t It Be Loverly” and “On the Street Where You Live.” Student tickets start at $17 and general tickets start at $27. 

Dennis James Hosts Halloween

This Halloween season, Dennis James will put a new spin on his annual family friendly spooky speculator at 7 p.m. on Oct. 28. James will provide the soundtrack on IU Auditorium’s 4,543 pipe organ behind a live reenactment of the original 1940 radio drama “Inner Sanctum” featuring Bach’s “Fugue in C Minor.” Students from IU’s Department of Theatre, Drama, and Contemporary Dance will take the stage to act out the suspenseful radio drama. Student tickets start at $8 and general tickets start at $17. 

Chimes of Christmas

The Singing Hoosiers will perform their annual Christmas show at 2 and 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 3. They will present a mix of well-known carols, contemporary hits and classical choral arrangements, and the performances will also feature special guests from various Jacobs School of Music ensembles. Student tickets start at $11 and general tickets start at $16. 

Straight No Chaser

Straight No Chaser will perform as part of their 25th Anniversary Celebration tour at 8 p.m. on Dec. 16. Since their start at IU, Straight No Chaser has gained a fanbase and a long list of accomplishments, including two RIAA Gold Certified albums, and over 1.5 million concert tickets sold, one billion streams and two million albums sold worldwide, according to the IU Auditorium website. Student tickets start at $29 and general tickets start at $39.

The Book of Mormon

Kicking off the new year, musical “The Book of Mormon” will perform at 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 17-19. This nine-time Tony Award-winning musical, follows the adventures of a mismatched pair of missionaries who are sent halfway across the world to spread the Good Word. Tickets start at $29.

Fiddler on the Roof

The new production of “Fiddler on the Roof” will stop in Bloomington at 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 8-9. “Fiddler on the Roof” is the heartwarming story of fathers and daughters, husbands and wives and life, love and laughter, according to the IU Auditorium website. Tickets start at $27. 

Jazz at Lincoln Center Presents Songs We Love

Jazz at Lincoln Center (JALC) will present Songs We Love live at 7:30 p.m.  Feb. 20. Under the musical direction of Riley Mulherkar, the performance will be a journey through the first 50 years of jazz with three vocalists and a band made up of New York’s rising stars, according to the IU Auditorium website. Student tickets start at $14 and general tickets start at $12.

Black Violin

Black Violin will perform at 8 p.m. Feb. 25. Led by classically trained string players Wil B. (viola) and Kev Marcus (violin) and joined by DJ SPS and drummer Nat Stokes, the band plays blends of classical and hip-hop music to overcome stereotypes and encourage everyone to break down cultural barriers, according to the IU Auditorium website. Student tickets start at $16 and general tickets start at $26. 

Ballet Hispánico

Latinx Dance organization Ballet Hispánico will perform their first full-length narrative ballet “Doña Perón” at 7:30 p.m. March 3. Doña Perón is choreographed by Annabelle Lopez Ochoa and is a portrait of Eva “Evita” Perón, one of the most controversial women in Argentinian history, according to the IU Auditorium website. Student tickets start at $14 and general tickets start at $21.  

Chicago

“Chicago” will bring all that jazz to Bloomington at 7:30 p.m. March 7-8. Featuring songs like “All that Jazz” and “Cell Block Tango,” the musical has won six Tony awards, two Oliver awards and a Grammy award.  Student tickets start at $17 and general tickets start at $27.  

Jagged Little Pill

“Jagged Little Pill” will commence at 7:30 p.m. April 3-4. Directed by Tony Award winner Diane Paulus, the musical is based on Alanis Morissette's iconic album of the same title.  Student tickets start at $17 and general tickets start at $27.  

Annie

“Annie” will be IU Auditorium’s final musical of the season at 7 p.m. April 11-12. “Annie” is directed by Jenn Thompson and features the book and score, written by Tony award-winners Thomas Meehan, Charles Strouse, and Martin Charnin. Student tickets start at $17 and general tickets start at $27.  

Emanuel Ax

Ending the 2022-2023 season, pianist Emmanuel Ax will perform at 7:30 p.m. on April 25. He received Grammy Awards for the second and third volumes of his cycle of Haydn’s piano sonatas. He has also made a series of Grammy-winning recordings of the Beethoven and Brahms sonatas for cello and piano with cellist Yo-Yo Ma, according to the IU Auditorium. Student tickets start at $14 and general tickets start at $21.