arts music

Chicago-based band Broken Robots to perform at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater

entbrokenrobots071822.jpg

Chicago-based band Broken Robots will perform July 22 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and the show will start at 8 p.m. 

General tickets cost $15 and student tickets cost $12. Tickets are available at the BCT Box Office

Broken Robots specializes in many genres including ​​rock, pop, blues and electronic, according to their website. The band started in December 2017 when members Kat Baker and Tony Baker began writing music together in their Chicago apartment, according to the BCT website.

That same year, Broken Robots started releasing single tracks on SoundCloud about their experiences with death, mental illness, addiction and redemption, according to the BCT website. They compiled these tracks into their debut album “Home Is Not a Place” and released it in October 2018.

In December 2018, Broken Robots was joined by bass player and long time friend Lonnie Phillips. The band’s 2018 EP, “The Escape Artist,” featured Phillips’ soulful songwriting and combined the band’s original glitch, folk, and indie rock elements with jazzier bass lines, according to the BCT website. 

Their latest single, “Who Am I?” moves away from the band’s post-grunge-influenced vibe. Going forward, the band plans on entering  a new era with an upcoming EP featuring their new drummer, Anthony Friedli, according to the BCT website. 

The estimated length of the show is 100 minutes. Wearing a mask indoors at the BCT is strongly encouraged.