arts food

A guide to eating on Bloomington's Fourth Street

orfourthst061322.jpeg

Fourth Street contains an array of international restaurants, serving incredible, authentic food beloved by students, townies and visitors alike. Read this guide to start on your culinary journey. 

Anatolia

Anatolia offers delicious dishes of Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine. Order some of the local favorites like the beef doner kebab or the shepherd’s salad with a hot cup of Turkish tea.

Anyetsang’s Little Tibet

As Bloomington’s one and only Tibetan restaurant, Little Tibet does not disappoint. The restaurant serves dumplings and Tibetian specials, along with a variety of Indian and Thai dishes. On top of that, you can enjoy your meal on their garden patio. 

Btown Gyros

If you are craving some Greek food, Btown Gyros has you covered. Specializing in Greek cuisine, the restaurant serves gyros, falafel, pita and hummus, baba ganoush, and other Mediterranean dishes that will satisfy your cravings. 

Burma Garden

Serving Burmese cuisine, Burma Garden offers traditional dishes such as tea leaf salad, fish soup with rice noodles and coconut noodle soup with chicken.

Dat’s Cajun

Dat’s Cajun serves a wide menu of must-try Cajun and Creole dishes. From favorites like Drunken Chicken and the Datwich to spicier options like etouffee and the Voodoo chicken, there is something for everyone to enjoy. 

Do Asian Fusion Restaurant

While they primarily focus on Korean food, Do Asian Fusion Restaurant specializes in infusing elements of many asian cuisines into their dishes. Their fun decorations and colorful lights combined with the inventive food makes the restaurant a must-try.

Indian Garden Restaurant

Indian Garden Restaurant’s menu features nearly 100 Indian dishes to keep you coming back for more. The restaurant is best known for its modern take of classic dishes as well as its promise of using quality, fresh ingredients.

Korea Restaurant

Korea Restaurant serves all types of authentic Korean dishes such as sushi rolls, noodle and rice entrees, soups and stews, stir-fries, and many others. Try sitting outside while dining to truly experience the restaurant’s authentic atmosphere. 

My Thai Downtown

Considering a Thai restaurant? Well, look no further than My Thai Downtown. Try their house specials of  shrimp tempura, vegetable tempura and cucumber salad, or the Thai clear soup.

Siam House

As a Bloomington favorite, Siam House is the perfect place to try all types of Thai food. They offer everything from noodle entrees to fried rice dishes to a variety of curry options. 

Taste of India

While the menu features primarily Northern Indian cuisine, Taste of India also serves Southern Indian cuisine. The restaurant offers a lunch buffet seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in addition to their dinner hours.

This article was originally published in the 2022 Orienter New Student Guide. Explore the entire guide here.