IU celebrates its 6th IU Day with events, social media challenges

caiuday042022.JPG

IU is celebrating its sixth IU Day on Wednesday. The celebration promotes expressions of gratitude, spreading IU school pride and supporting worthy causes, according to a News at IU article.

Students, faculty, staff and alumni are encouraged to use the hashtag #IUDay to earn $1 for student scholarships every time they share a post, according to the article. Additionally, students can share their favorite IU photo along with the hashtag for a chance to win $500 which will go toward their favorite IU cause.

IU Day also features a number of “Giving Challenges” to encourage participants to raise funds for various departments such as Student Emergency Funds, Arts, Athletics and more according to the donation website. These challenges include a contest between programs to earn the most donations for a chance to win up to $5000 for a preferred IU cause, as well as a donation competition between IU campuses for a chance to win up to $1500 for their respective campuses.

Various departments and on-campus organizations are celebrating IU Day with a series of events. The Black Film Center and Archive held an open house showing off their facilities in addition to participating in the IU Day Block Party. The IU Day Block Party will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Showalter Fountain and will feature food trucks, music and activities, according to the IU Alumni Association Calendar. Participants are encouraged to wear IU apparel and share the event on social media.

IU is also encouraging students, faculty and staff to ride to and from campus on bicycles to promote IU Bikes Month, according to the IU transportation calendar. Additionally, the Paul H. O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs is offering an IU Trivia competition over Zoom. The competition is open to students, faculty, staff and alumni and teams of up to six will have the chance to earn prizes, according to the event website.