Trayce Jackson-Davis declares for NBA Draft, maintains eligibility with Indiana

spiubbtjdbrief040922-jpg

Indiana men’s basketball junior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis announced Saturday he will be declaring for the 2022 NBA Draft, per his Twitter account. Jackson-Davis will maintain his eligibility, which doesn’t rule out a return with the Hoosiers should he go undrafted.

“These last three years at IU have been a blessing and I have cherished every moment wearing the candy stripes uniform with pride,” Jackson-Davis said in the post.

Jackson-Davis previously considered entering his name into the NBA Draft after the conclusion of the 2020-21 season, but he was convinced by newly-hired head coach Mike Woodson to stay at Indiana another year.

This season, Jackson-Davis led the Hoosiers with 18.3 points per game and 8.1 rebounds per game, taking the team to its first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2016 with a 21-14 overall record. He was named to the All-Big Ten Defensive team and All-Big Ten Tournament team for his efforts.

Should this be the end of Jackson-Davis’ career at Indiana, he leaves with plenty of individual accolades. He holds the 15th-most points in program history with 1,588, and he is only the second Hoosier player ever to post more than 1,500 points, 750 rebounds and 150 blocks along with Alan Henderson.

“I would like to thank my family and my coaches who have supported me through the years,” Jackson-Davis said. “To my teammates: I’m thankful to have bonds that go beyond the court, and a big thanks to fans that packed Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall every week.”