Indiana rowing regatta against Michigan rescheduled, changed to a scrimmage

<p>The IU rowing team competes during the Big Ten Invitational on April 17, 2021, at Harsha Lake in Bethel, Ohio. Indiana rowing’s regatta against Michigan was moved to Friday and changed to a scrimmage due to weather conditions.</p>

The IU rowing team competes during the Big Ten Invitational on April 17, 2021, at Harsha Lake in Bethel, Ohio. Indiana rowing’s regatta against Michigan was moved to Friday and changed to a scrimmage due to weather conditions.

No. 18 Indiana rowing will not compete in its previously scheduled regatta against No. 3 Michigan on Saturday in Belleville, Michigan, due to inclement weather in the forecast, according to a press release from Michigan.

Instead, the teams will race against each other in a scrimmage on Friday evening. The rescheduled races will begin around 5 p.m. and will still include a full lineup of two Varsity Eights, two Varsity Fours and two Novice Eights.

The regatta would have been Indiana’s second of the season after it competed in the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invitational last weekend. Now, the next event on Indiana’s schedule is a double dual against the University of Notre Dame and the University of Oklahoma on April 9 in Columbus, Ohio.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.