arts theater

University Players to perform ‘Dark Play or Stories for Boys’ Feb. 24-26

entdarkplay021622.jpg

University Players, a student-led theater organization, will perform “Dark Play or Stories for Boys” Feb. 24-26. A performance space has not been chosen yet.

Performances will be held at 7:30 p.m. with an additional 11 p.m. showing on Feb. 25.

This show, written by Carlos Murillo, focuses on a boy named Nick who creates many fictional identities online. Little does Nick know that these online personas will get him stuck in a battle of love, obsession and betrayal.

“My favorite part of this process has been exploring the wide variety of choices that Carlos Murillo made available with Nick,” senior Paully Crumpacker, who plays Nick, said. 

Crumpacker also said people need to “strap in for the wild ride” this show takes audiences on.

Related: [Local musicians perform their original work at Cosmic Songwriter’s Club]

Kate Schnetzer, University Players director and senior, said this show is different from other shows she has worked on in the past.

“Something that is different about this show compared to others I have worked on is that it deals with a lot of deceit and manipulation,” Schnetzer said.

To combat this, Schnetzer said all the actors must be able to trust each other in what she describes as their “collaborative space.”

This show touches on the struggle recent generations have had transitioning into adulthood with the recent challenge of the internet.

Tickets are free and can be purchased on the University Players’ website starting next week.