On-campus COVID-19 testing to close due to winter weather

<p>Then-sophomore K.J. Helloms submits a saliva sample for COVID-19 mitigation testing Oct. 15, 2020, at Memorial Stadium. Symptomatic testing sites will be closed until Saturday and all other COVID-19 testing sites will be closed until Monday due to the weather. </p><p></p><p></p>

Then-sophomore K.J. Helloms submits a saliva sample for COVID-19 mitigation testing Oct. 15, 2020, at Memorial Stadium. Symptomatic testing sites will be closed until Saturday and all other COVID-19 testing sites will be closed until Monday due to the weather.

On-campus COVID-19 testing will be closed because of the incoming winter weather, according to an email from IU interim Provost John Applegate. 

On-campus COVID-19 testing, including COVID Check Testing closed at noon Wednesday. Symptomatic testing will reopen Saturday and all other COVID-19 testing will reopen Monday.

The email ensured campus will not be closing due to the inclement weather, but the university is monitoring the conditions. Classes could be moved online, but that is up to the discretion of the instructor, according to the email.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.