Indiana football’s Jerome Johnson, Stevie Scott III selected on second day of USFL draft

spiufbbrief022322.jpg

Former Indiana football defensive lineman Jerome Johnson and running back Stevie Scott III were selected on the second day of the USFL Draft on Wednesday.

There were 35 rounds in the draft, with players being selected on Tuesday and Wednesday. Each round was made up of a different position group.

Johnson was selected by the Philadelphia Stars with the third pick of the 26th round, for defensive and nose tackles. He declared for the 2021 NFL Draft but went unselected before being signed by the Miami Dolphins as a free agent. Johnson was waived by the Dolphins in August 2021.

Johnson led Indiana’s defensive line in sacks in 2020 with four, and he was named First-Team All-Big Ten by the media after the season.

Scott III was selected by the Michigan Panthers with the fourth pick in the 27th round, for running backs. He went unselected in the 2021 NFL Draft, but he signed a free agent deal with the New Orleans Saints. Scott III was waived by the Saints in August 2021.

Scott III was named Second-Team All-Big Ten in 2020 after leading Indiana in rushing yards with 586. He is one of only three Hoosiers to score ten or more rushing touchdowns in three consecutive seasons.