IU Health Bloomington announces first baby delivered at new hospital

Naomi Ramirez holds her newborn baby Nahla Ramirez on Dec. 5, 2021, at the IU Health Bloomington facility. Nahla Ramirez is the first baby born at IU Health Bloomington, which opened its doors for patients on Sunday.

The first baby to be delivered at the new IU Health Bloomington facility was born Sunday morning, according to an IU Health press release.

Doctors delivered Nahla Ramirez shortly after 11 a.m. Sunday to parents Naomi and Miguel Ramirez. Both mother and child are in good health, according to the press release.

IU Health South Central Region President Brian Shockney delivered a small gift and a personal letter to the parents.

“We are excited to welcome the first newborn that was delivered at the new IU Health Bloomington,” Shockney said in the press release. “It was an exciting time and I enjoyed the opportunity to visit with the newborn and her parents. I wish them all the best.”

The IU Health Bloomington facility opened its doors to patients Sunday, according to its website.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.