Indiana women’s basketball drops two spots to No. 6 in AP Poll

<p>Graduate guard Nicole Cardaño-Hillary looks to pass the ball Nov. 14, 2021, at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Indiana is ranked No. 6 in the latest AP Top 25 poll. </p>

Graduate guard Nicole Cardaño-Hillary looks to pass the ball Nov. 14, 2021, at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Indiana is ranked No. 6 in the latest AP Top 25 poll.

Indiana women’s basketball moved to No. 6 in the AP Top 25 Poll on Monday, falling two spots from its previous No. 4 ranking. The team suffered a loss to now-No. 4 Stanford University in the Bahamas on Thursday afternoon.

The Hoosiers entered the season ranked No. 8 and have yet to drop out of the top 10.

Indiana scraped a tight win over the University of Miami Sunday night, led by junior forward Mackenzie Holmes, who recorded her first double-double of the season with 14 points and 11 rebounds.

Indiana will return to Bloomington to face North Carolina State University, who is tied with the University of Connecticut at No. 2 in the Top 25. NC State moved up to No. 5 after wins over No. 8 University of Maryland and Washington State University.

The Hoosiers and the Wolfpack last saw each other in the Sweet 16 of the 2020 NCAA Tournament where the Hoosiers won 73-70. Graduate student guard Ali Patberg led them with 17 points. All five starters, all of whom returned this year, scored in double digits in the game.

Indiana’s matchup with NC State will tip off at 7 p.m. Dec. 2 and will be broadcast on ESPN2.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.