Parades, glass pumpkins and more: events to do this homecoming weekend

entpumpkins092720.jpg

This upcoming weekend, IU’s campus will welcome Hoosiers from across the U.S. back to Bloomington for Homecoming celebrations. Here are some events to mark on your calendar. 

Oct. 15

The 99th Homecoming Parade

The historic IU Homecoming parade will start at 6 p.m. and run from Memorial Stadium to the Indiana Memorial Union along Woodlawn Avenue.

Check out performances by the Marching Hundred and alumni bands, see student organizations’ floats and celebrate the unofficial start of homecoming weekend.

Indiana Field Hockey vs. Michigan State

Indiana upset No. 16 Ohio State on Oct. 8 in the program’s biggest win of this season. Cheer on the Hoosiers in their first home game since that win at 3 p.m. Friday against Michigan State at the IU Field Hockey Complex.

Hannah Enbinder at the Comedy Attic

Emmy-nominated and star of HBO’s “HACKS,” Hannah Enbinder is in town this weekend for a series of shows at the Comedy Attic. She will perform at 7:15 and 9:00 p.m Friday and Saturday.

Bloomington Food Truck Friday

Head to Switchyard Park from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Bloomington’s south side to enjoy Food Truck Friday. Enjoy food from multiple vendors from around the city. From 5:30-7:00 p.m., those 21 and over can purchase alcohol from select vendors.

Oct. 16

Indiana football vs. No. 10 Michigan State

Indiana football tries to get its season back on track and defend the Old Brass Spittoon against Michigan State at 12:00 p.m. in Memorial Stadium.

Indiana won last year in a 24-0 shutout in East Lansing, Michigan, snapping a three-game Michigan State winning streak. Indiana ended a nine-game homecoming losing streak with a 35-0 victory over Rutgers in 2019.

12th annual Great Glass Pumpkin Patch

The Bloomington Creative Glass Center’s Great Glass Pumpkin Patch will fill the lawn outside the courthouse square. See the artists’ glass pumpkins, which are available for purchase.

The event will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cash and credit cards are accepted.

Oct. 17

Indiana Field Hockey vs. Michigan

Close out homecoming weekend by cheering for the Hoosiers one last time. Indiana plays Michigan at 12:00 p.m. Sunday in its second game of the weekend.