PHOTOS: Fans return to tailgate fields for Indiana football game against Idaho

<p>Gabe Seltenright talks on the phone and poses for a picture at a tailgate prior to the Indiana football game against the University of Idaho on Sept. 11, 2021, at the Indiana Tailgate Fields. Saturday was the first time fans could tailgate for a home football during the new season.</p>

Gabe Seltenright talks on the phone and poses for a picture at a tailgate prior to the Indiana football game against the University of Idaho on Sept. 11, 2021, at the Indiana Tailgate Fields. Saturday was the first time fans could tailgate for a home football during the new season.

Senior Rachael Sebonia and Dylan Barnes, 23, play a game of beer pong Sept. 11, 2021, at the Indiana Tailgate Fields. This is the first time students have tailgated for an Indianafootball game open to fans since the 2019 season.
Gabe Seltenright talks on the phone and poses for a picture at a tailgate prior to the Indiana football game against the University of Idaho on Sept. 11, 2021, at the Indiana Tailgate Fields. Saturday was the first time fans could tailgate for a home football during the new season. Alex Paul
Empty beer cans litter the tailgate fields before the Indiana home football game against the University of Idaho on Sept. 11, 2021, at the Indiana Tailgate Fields.This is the first time students have tailgated for a football game open to fans since the 2019 season. Alex Paul
Sophomore Steven Alton cooks hamburgers on a grill during his first tailgate before the Indiana home football game against the University of Idaho on Sept. 11, 2021, at the Indiana Tailgate Fields. "I loved the energy and camaraderie amongst current, past, and future students," Alton said. "I couldn't have asked for a better way to kick off the year." Alex Paul
Kai the miniature husky enjoys a tailgate before the Indiana and University of Idaho football game Sept. 11, 2021, at the Indiana Tailgate Fields.This is the first time students have tailgated for a football game open to fans since the 2019 season. Alex Paul
Senior Jorge Alcaraz plays a game of beer pong at a tailgate before the Indiana and University of Idaho football game on Sept. 11, 2021. This is the first time students have tailgated for a football game open to fans since the 2019 season. Alex Paul
Freshman Jonathan Tominac tosses a cornhole bag at atailgate before the Indiana and University of Idaho football game Sept. 11, 2021. This is the first time students have tailgated for a football game open to fans since the 2019 season. Alex Paul

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments