PHOTOS: Fans return to tailgate fields for Indiana football game against Idaho

phtailgating091221_05.jpg

phtailgating091221_04.jpg
Senior Rachael Sebonia and Dylan Barnes, 23, play a game of beer pong Sept. 11, 2021 at the Indiana Tailgate Fields.
phtailgating091221_05.jpg
Gabe Seltenright talks on the phone and poses for a picture at a tailgate prior to the Indiana football game against the University of Idaho on Sept. 11, 2021, at the Indiana Tailgate Fields. Saturday was the first time fans could tailgate for a home football during the new season. Alex Paul
phtailgating091221_03.jpg
Empty beer cans litter the tailgate fields before the Indiana home football game against the University of Idaho on Sept. 11, 2021, at the Indiana Tailgate Fields.This is the first time students have tailgated for a football game open to fans since the 2019 season. Alex Paul
phtailgating091221_07.jpg
Sophomore Steven Alton cooks hamburgers on a grill during his first tailgate before the Indiana home football game against the University of Idaho on Sept. 11, 2021, at the Indiana Tailgate Fields. "I loved the energy and camaraderie amongst current, past, and future students," Alton said. "I couldn't have asked for a better way to kick off the year." Alex Paul
phtailgating091221_09.jpg
Kai the miniature husky enjoys a tailgate before the Indiana and University of Idaho football game Sept. 11, 2021, at the Indiana Tailgate Fields.This is the first time students have tailgated for a football game open to fans since the 2019 season. Alex Paul
phtailgating091221_06.jpg
Senior Jorge Alcaraz plays a game of beer pong at a tailgate before the Indiana and University of Idaho football game on Sept. 11, 2021. This is the first time students have tailgated for a football game open to fans since the 2019 season. Alex Paul
phtailgating091221_01.jpg
Freshman Jonathan Tominac tosses a cornhole bag at atailgate before the Indiana and University of Idaho football game Sept. 11, 2021. This is the first time students have tailgated for a football game open to fans since the 2019 season. Alex Paul