Cadiz police officer arrested by Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Monday

<p>&nbsp;</p>

Monroe County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested and charged Cadiz, Indiana, police officer Brian Joseph Hedger around 2 a.m. Monday with operating a vehicle while intoxicated and resisting law enforcement. Monroe County Officers were responding to reports of a Dodge Charger speeding down Interstate 69. When pulled over, Hedger was identified as the driver and provided his police officer credentials, according to a press release from the MCSO.

Upon Hedger’s arrest, MCSO deputies began an investigation to determine whether Hedger was intoxicated. Police arrested Hedger and placed him in the custody of the Monroe County Correctional Center, according to the press release.

According to the press release from the MCSO, Hedger is being held for “operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a previous conviction, as a Level 6 Felony” and “resisting law enforcement, as a Class A Misdemeanor.”

According to the Law Office of Ross G. Thomas, a Level 6 Felony is the lowest level of felony in Indiana and can lead to between six and 30 months in prison upon conviction. A Class A Misdemeanor is the highest level of misdemeanor in Indiana and can result in up to one year in prison upon conviction.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments