Bloomington-Monroe County Metropolitan Planning Organization will hold meeting for public input tonight

A view of downtown Bloomington from the 7th and Walnut Street Parking Garage. The Bloomington-Monroe County Metropolitan Planning Organization will hold meeting for public input on the new Transportation Improvement Project document tonight

The Bloomington-Monroe County Metropolitan Planning Organization is holding a meeting tonight to get public input for the development of the Fiscal Year 2022-2026 Transportation Improvement Project, according to a press release.

The Public Information Meeting will be held tonight from 7-8:30 p.m. using this zoom link, according to the press release.

The Transportation Improvement Program is a document used by the Bloomington-Monroe County Metropolitan Planning Organization to fund various transportation projects, according to the city’s website

The transportation projects are programmed for the Indiana Department of Transportation, Monroe County, Rural Transit, Bloomington Transit and the City of Bloomington, according to the press release. 

Individuals can access a Draft of the Fiscal Year 2022-2026 Transportation Improvement Project and the current Transportation Improvement Program for the Fiscal Year 2020-2024, according to the City of Bloomington website. 

Attendees will help shape the project investment priorities of the Bloomington-Monroe County Metropolitan Planning Organization for the next five years, according to the press release. 

Members of the public can submit comments about the draft to Bloomington-Monroe County Metropolitan Planning Organization staff at martipa@bloomington.in.gov or clemensr@bloomington.in.gov.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.