The U.S. Military conducted training Monday night in Bloomington

<p>At the Marine Corps Air Station Camp Pendleton, Captain Jim Carlson sits in his Super Cobra attack helicopter with an iPad computer, September 1, 2011. The United States Military conducted training last night in Bloomington from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m., including the flying of military helicopters.</p>

At the Marine Corps Air Station Camp Pendleton, Captain Jim Carlson sits in his Super Cobra attack helicopter with an iPad computer, September 1, 2011. The United States Military conducted training last night in Bloomington from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m., including the flying of military helicopters.

The United States Military conducted training last night from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m., including the flying of military helicopters.

Explosions and helicopters could be heard after 2 a.m., according to the Bloomingtonian.

The training will take place again Tuesday night, according to a flyer distributed to residents. Residents may hear loud bangs and simulated weapons fire, the flyer said.

The U.S. Army requested the assistance of Bloomington Police Department to keep the public safe, BPD Captain Ryan Pedigo said in an email. BPD was not involved in the actual training but was present Monday night to block roadways and sidewalks.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments