coronavirus

Free mobile COVID-19 vaccination clinic will be available at Monroe County Fair

cavaccine062821-jpg

The Indiana Department of Health is hosting a free mobile COVID-19 vaccination clinic at Monroe County Fair on July 1-2 from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. as part of ongoing efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, according to a press release from the Monroe County Health Department Monday.

Registering online through ourshot.in.gov or by calling 211 (866-211-9966) is encouraged, but walk-ins are accepted while vaccine supplies last.

“If you’ve been waiting and plan to enjoy the fair, this is a great time to get your shot at the free

vaccination clinic. Being fully vaccinated allows you more freedom and helps the community

reach a higher level of immunity,” Penny Caudill, administrator at Monroe County Health Department, said.

Those 18 and older may choose to receive the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or the two-dose Pfizer vaccine, according to the release. The second dose will be scheduled at the time of the first dose.

Those 12 to 17 must receive the Pfizer vaccine. Children 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult. If the adult present is not the parent or guardian, consent must be submitted in advance.

It is preferred that a parent or guardian accompany those 16-17, but written or verbal authorization will be accepted. Proof of age will be required at the appointment.

The vaccine is free of cost, but insurance information is requested because an administration fee may be charged. 

Once fully vaccinated individuals should still wear a mask and socially distance in public or when visiting an unvaccinated person at increased risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19, according to the release. Vaccinated individuals should still avoid medium or large size gatherings and get tested and stay home if symptoms develop, according to the release.