City announces temporary new number for 24-hour emergency phone line

A view of downtown Bloomington from the 7th and Walnut Street Parking Garage. The City of Bloomington is asking residents to use the number 812-349-3400 this weekend for any after-hours emergencies related to areas such as water, sewers and streets.

The City of Bloomington is asking residents to use the number 812-349-3400 this weekend for any after-hours emergencies related to areas such as water, sewers and streets.

Staff members will answer calls when possible and voice messages will be checked regularly, according to a City of Bloomington press release.

City of Bloomington Utilities said their normally-used 24-hour phone line at 812-339-1444 is currently non-functioning and their service provider has been contacted, according to the release.

If needed, the Bloomington Police Department should also be contacted for emergencies at 911. Non-emergency police matters can be called in at 812-339-4477.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments