Two IU softball seniors win Big Ten weekly awards

Then-sophomore catcher Bella Norton celebrates on the field April 28, 2019, at Andy Mohr Field. Norton was named Big Ten co-Player of the Week on Tuesday

Two members of the IU softball team have earned awards for their recent play, according to a release from the Big Ten conference.

Senior pitcher Emily Goodin earned the Big Ten co-Pitcher of the Week award, sharing the award with Michigan senior pitcher Meghan Beaubien.

During last weekend’s series against the Penn State Nittany Lions, Goodin went 3-0 in all of her starts. She also threw two complete games and 18 strikeouts in 19 innings, resulting in a 0.47 ERA from the weekend.

Senior catcher Bella Norton earned Big Ten co-Player of the Week, sharing it with Michigan sophomore infielder Julia Jimenez. Norton batted .583 alongside a 1.000 slugging percentage and .615 on-base percentage. Throughout the Penn State series, she had one home run, six RBIs, and four runs scored.

This is the Hoosiers’ first co-Pitcher of the Week this season, while Norton joins senior left fielder Gabbi Jenkins as the two co-Players of the week. Jenkins earned her co-Player of the week award on April 20th.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments