IU men's basketball lands transfer Michael Durr from South Florida

<p>University of South Florida basketball player Michael Durr shoots the ball Jan. 21, 2020. Durr is transferring to IU for his senior season. </p>

University of South Florida basketball player Michael Durr shoots the ball Jan. 21, 2020. Durr is transferring to IU for his senior season. 

IU men’s basketball filled its final scholarship for the 2021-22 season Monday morning when junior Michael Durr announced he was transferring to IU from the University of South Florida for his senior season.

Durr, a 7-foot center who averaged 8.8 points per game and 7.9 rebounds per game in his junior season at USF in 2020-21, fills the scholarship spot left by former IU forward Jerome Hunter, who left the program last week.

The last IU basketball player 7-foot tall or taller was Peter Jurkin in the 2013-14 season.

Durr originally committed to transfer to Virginia Tech on April 7, before decommitting and re-opening his recruitment on May 10.

Durr will bolster IU’s frontcourt after former IU center Joey Brunk transferred to Ohio State in April.

With the addition of Durr, the Hoosiers have added five new scholarship players to the roster for head coach Mike Woodson’s first season. Senior guard Xavier Johnson transferred from the University of Pittsburgh and senior forward Miller Kopp transferred from Northwestern, while freshman center Logan Duncomb and freshman guard Tamar Bates will come in as high school recruits.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments