coronavirus

New COVID-19 vaccine appointments available in Bloomfield, Spencer, Indiana

cavaccinebrief040821.jpg

Additional vaccine appointments are available this weekend in Bloomfield and Spencer, Indiana, after the arrival of more Moderna vaccines, according to the Herald-Times.

Both sites will only have Moderna, which is only approved by the Food and Drug Administration to those 18 or older, according to the FDA's website.

Hoosiers can schedule an appointment through ourshot.in.gov or call 2-1-1 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.

Related: [IUPUI opens COVID-19 vaccine clinic to faculty, staff and students]

One vaccination site is at Owen Valley High School, located at 622 W State Highway 46 in Spencer, Indiana. It will offer vaccine appointments between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.

The other site is at Greene County Events Center at the 4-H fairgrounds, 4503 W State Road 54 in Bloomfield, Indiana. They will offer appointments from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. 

Those who want an appointment should look for either “Owen Co Owen Valley High Mass MVAX” or “Greene Co HD Mass MVAX”  in the registration portal to schedule an appointment for Friday or Saturday.

If you already have an appointment but would like to sign up for a new slot, you must cancel your existing appointment beforehand, according to the Indiana State Department of Health.

CORRECTION: A previous version of this article misspelled Greene County.