Jordan Geronimo becomes third IU men’s basketball player to withdraw from transfer portal

<p>Freshman forward Jordan Geronimo goes in for a block Jan. 4 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Geronimo announced Monday that he would be staying at IU for the 2021-22 season after entering the transfer portal in March. </p>

Freshman forward Jordan Geronimo goes in for a block Jan. 4 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Geronimo announced Monday that he would be staying at IU for the 2021-22 season after entering the transfer portal in March.

Freshman forward Jordan Geronimo announced Monday on Twitter that he is staying in Bloomington and will withdraw from the transfer portal.

“I believe in coach Woodson. Let’s get to work,” Geronimo wrote on Twitter.

Geronimo was a 4-star recruit from Newark, New Jersey, and was ranked as the No. 21 small forward in the 2020 recruiting class, according to 247Sports.

As a freshman, he averaged 2.2 points and 1.8 rebounds in 21 games played, shooting 51.4% from the floor.

Geronimo played his season-high 16 minutes in IU’s 81-69 upset over No. 4 Iowa on Feb. 7. He helped shut down Naismith National Player of the Year Luka Garza while also adding 6 points.

Geronimo is the third Hoosier to withdraw from the transfer portal since the hiring of head coach Mike Woodson. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments