Jordan Geronimo becomes fifth IU men’s basketball player to enter transfer portal

<p>Freshman forward Jordan Geronimo makes a jump shot Jan. 21 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City, Iowa. Geronimo announced Thursday that he entered the NCAA transfer portal, becoming the fifth IU player to do so as of 1:30 p.m. Thursday.</p><p><br/></p>

Freshman forward Jordan Geronimo makes a jump shot Jan. 21 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City, Iowa. Geronimo announced Thursday that he entered the NCAA transfer portal, becoming the fifth IU player to do so as of 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

Freshman forward Jordan Geronimo announced in an Instagram post Thursday that he will be putting his name in the transfer portal with the possibility of returning to IU.

His statement read:

“Dear Hoosier Nation, First, I want to thank Indiana Basketball for contributing to my growth as a basketball player and a person. However after some deep thought and long conversations, I will be entering my name in the transfer portal with the possibility of returning.”

With this announcement, Geronimo becomes the fifth Hoosier to enter the transfer portal since the firing of former head coach Archie Miller — joining Al Durham, Armaan Franklin, Parker Stewart and Race Thompson.

Geronimo, from Newark, New Jersey, averaged 1.8 rebounds and 2.2 points in 21 games played, shooting 51.4% from the floor. 

Geronimo played his season-high 16 minutes in IU’s 81-69 upset over No. 4 Iowa on Feb. 7. He helped shut down All-American Luka Garza while also adding 6 points. 

“I thought Jordan Geronimo, best game he’s played as an Indiana player,” Miller said after the game. “I mean his contribution tonight was awesome in terms of how he brought energy and how physical he was.”

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments