bloomington

Bloomington 16-year-old charged as an adult for murder, attempted murder, robbery

Monroe County prosecutors charged a Bloomington 16-year-old as an adult with multiple felony counts after the death of an 18-year-old Bloomington woman Thursday.

De'Angelo Tashean Princeton Tolliver Edwards is charged with murder, murder committed during a felony, attempted murder and robbery resulting in serious bodily injury, according to Indiana Public Media.

Bloomington Police Department officers responded Thursday to reports of gunshots at Northcrest Apartments in the 1400 block of N. Woodburn Ave. and a collision in front of La Bonita Restaurant and Market, located at 1709 N. College Ave. 

RELATED: 18-year-old Bloomington woman fatally shot while driving early Thursday morning

Keisha Huntington was shot while driving, causing her to crash into another vehicle, according to an article from the Indiana Daily Student. Huntington was transported to IU Health Bloomington Hospital and was later pronounced dead, according to the IDS.

Huntington’s boyfriend, Cameron Braun, told police he had arrived at the apartment complex with Huntington so they could purchase marijauna from a person called “D-Lo,” according to Indiana Public Media.

“D-Lo” allegedly approached their vehicle with a handgun and demanded Braun and Huntington give him all their property. Braun gave “D-Lo” $150 in cash before telling Huntington to drive off, according to Indiana Public Media.

As Huntington left the parking lot, Braun said he heard three gunshots. Huntington told Braun she had been shot before the vehicle crashed into a parked car on North College Avenue, according to Indiana Public Media.

According to Indiana Public Media, police used Snapchat and other forms of social media to locate and identify Edwards as “D-Lo.” Braun identified Edwards as “D-Lo” in a photo lineup. 

Edwards was arrested at his father’s residence and was taken to the Monroe County Probation Department, according to Indiana Public Media.