business & economy bloomington

Noodles & Company on Kirkwood Avenue to reopen March 1

canoodlesandco021421.jpg

Noodles & Company in Bloomington, located in the Von Lee building at 517 E. Kirkwood Ave., will reopen March 1. General Manager Alexander Moore said he is expecting IU students in Bloomington to boost sales in the spring.

The location closed its doors April 8, 2020, after a drop from $3,000 to $500 in sales per day after IU closed its campus last March, Moore said.

Noodles & Company will open with its full menu for limited seating dine-in, carryout and delivery, Moore said.

Its reopening comes as many restaurants in Bloomington welcome back customers after closing during winter break. Like other restaurants, Moore said he expects IU students who have returned to Bloomington to boost the location’s sales as spring approaches. He said he’s optimistic because of the location’s popularity before the COVID-19 pandemic.

Related: [Kilroy’s Sports Bar reopened Wednesday with COVID-19 precautions]

“The amount of deliveries that this location had before coronavirus was staggering,” Moore said.

Noodles & Company’s other Bloomington location at Eastland Plaza stayed open throughout the pandemic, although it closed its in-person dining area for months last year due to state and Bloomington public health regulations, Moore said.

After reopening, Noodles & Company’s COVID-19 policies will include spacing out tables for social distancing and regularly sanitizing tables and constantly touched surfaces. Moore said no customers or staff have reported testing positive for COVID-19 at the Eastland Plaza location since the start of the pandemic.