IU women’s rowing announces 2021 spring schedule

spiurow021821-jpg

With the IU women’s rowing 2020 season cut short, the team is set to race again. The team released its spring racing schedule Wednesday that will begin in March. The Hoosiers will compete in five regular season events before the Big Ten Championship on May 16. 

The first event of the season will be the Cardinal Invitational in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, on March 13. The team will race against teams including the University of Alabama, Michigan, Wisconsin, the University of Tennessee and the University of Virginia.

The Hoosiers will attend the Big Ten/Ivy League Double Dual on March 27 in Columbus, Ohio, with matchups against Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Harvard University and Yale University. The team will then travel to Cincinnati to compete at the Big Ten Invitational on April 17, before returning to Columbus, Ohio, to compete against Ohio State on April 24.

To finish their regular season, IU will host the 12th Annual Dale England Cup in Bloomington on April 30. 

“It has been over a year since this team has had the opportunity to race,” IU head coach Steve Peterson said. “But despite the many obstacles and challenges that the athletes have faced since they began practicing back in September, they are eager and ready to finally get back to racing.”

The Big Ten Championship will take place in Baraboo, Wisconsin, on April 30. 

The team hopes to achieve its seventh straight appearance in the NCAA Championship on May 28 in Sarasota, Florida, Peterson said.