IU sororities’ Bid Night happening virtually Sunday

<p>Decorations for IU sororities&#x27; Bid Night hang outside the Pi Beta Phi building on East Third Street. Bid Night will be fully virtual this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. </p>

Decorations for IU sororities' Bid Night hang outside the Pi Beta Phi building on East Third Street. Bid Night will be fully virtual this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

IU sororities will conduct Bid Night virtually on Sunday afternoon and evening. In past years, Bid Night has been an in-person event at the tennis center where new members find out which sororities they are invited to join, but this year, Bid Night will be via Zoom due to concerns about the COVID-19 virus.

Potential new members will meet with their Rho Gamma — members of sororities who lead recruitment participants through the process — virtually at a designated time they were given. During this meeting, the Rho Gammas will tell the new members’ their chapter letters before  electronically distributing bid cards to the new members.

The Panhellenic Association at IU chose to have all sorority recruitment events virtually for the 2020-21 school year to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, according to the Panhellenic Association.

Reach out to news@idsnews.com if you would like to talk about your experience with virtual Bid Night.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.